KS4 Science

Students follow courses offered by the AQA exam board. The majority of students will sit two GCSE’s in science. In Year 10, students begin modules in Core and Additional Science. Both GCSE’s will be awarded during Year 11. Triple Science is available as an option at the end of Year 9.

Due to the demands of this course places are limited and, if oversubscribed, places will be decided by Key Stage 3 attainment and ability.

Assessment

Continuous assessment occurs in books, with work given strengths and targets. Previous exam paper questions are used in class and as homework to allow the development of exam technique. Formal assessment throughout the two years takes place by way of mid-unit and end of unit assessments, as well as Year 10 exams and Year 11 trial exams. GCSE assessment takes place at the end of the course, with exams forming 75% of the grade. Controlled assessment, completed in Year 10 and Year 11 forms the remaining 25%.


Click for more information:

GCSE Triple Science

GCSE Combined Science